Sunday, June 15, 2008

Blanket for IJO

The Nana, Aunties, Uncle, and Second Cousins to Isabella got together and made a group blanket for Zac and Rachelle's new baby. Lori, Naomi, me, Melody, Roxi and Tisha each knitted a strip out of this really, really soft yarn called Oh My! I think I've blogged about it before. We chose the three colors and each did a variation and our own pattern. Here's the finished product shown her by supermodel Tim.


And a more detailed view...by far the hardest part of the blanket was the fringe. Tim volunteered to add the fringe but we found out while putting it together that the yarn unravels unless you knot the end of the of it. So after putting on a million pieces of yarn he had to tie a knot in the end of each piece. He said that if we every do this again then he gets to pick the yarn. (Actually I think what he said was, "D*&!$## yarn" but I thought Bella might see this posting and didn't want damage her angelic ears sooner than necessary.)



Robyn volunteered to do the tag - isn't it sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment