Friday, April 10, 2009

Easy!

These are easy and they are really tasty - especially if you like hearty muffins. They really taste more like granola bars made from oats. I had two old black bananas in the freezer that when mashed up made about 1/2 cup. So I cut the recipe down and made 4 muffins. I mixed it all up in one bowl and only used one spoon. I guessed on the amounts of the cinnamon and baking powder. I think these would take good with craisins or with chocholate or butterscotch chips.

Banana-Oatmeal Muffins
from Simply Vegan
2 cups very ripe bananas, mashed well or pureed
1 cup raisins
3 cups gluten free rolled oats
1 T. cinnamon
1 T. baking powder
½ cup almond or peanut butter

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Put all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Pour batter into lightly oiled muffin tins. Bake 25 minutes. Cool muffins completely before removing from tins. Makes about 15 muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment