Wednesday, April 29, 2009

SFOS Building Dedication

I went to the dedication of the new UAF School of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences building on Lena Point. Its right next to a brand new NOAA facility that opened up last year. Many dignitaries spoke at the ceremony. I had to leave early and missed more than half of the speakers and interested parties in the completion of this project but I did see John Pugh, Chancellor at UAS:



Beth Kertula on behalf of the Legistlature:



And Palin, who spoke on how important the fisheries industry is to the Nation and to Alaskans...also



But what really caught my eye was this impromptu advertisement for North Face:

2 comments:

naomi lynn said...

Also, you are right. The North Face ad is awesome.

naomi lynn said...

I simply can't let this go by. What on Earth is Her Highness, S.P., doing on your blog?! I made the biggest, ugliest face and Jim thought I was having a heart attack. On the other hand, she looks tired and beleaguered, so perhaps I will be content..

Post a Comment