Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Around the Americas Cruise


But not by the typical route - This sailing vessel is going through the northwest passage! Sailing experts Terry and Jim, accompanied me on a tour of this beautiful yacht during a stop-over in Juneau. I think they actually thought they should come along with me to make sure I didn't get my feet tangled in the rope (I mean line) and tumble to the sea. Or maybe they wanted me along so that I could rat them out if they actually tried to stowaway.

This crew is traveling around north and south america in the next year promoting ocean health. It seems like they are providing all kinds of information that could be used in a classroom. Plus each of the crew seems to be keeping their own blogs and sharing pictures. They are on facebook, twitter, youtube, and flickr. Check them out at: http://www.aroundtheamericas.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment