Sunday, November 15, 2009

Food, glorious food!

One of our last big meals at our old house was prepared by our friend Bob, who is an exceptional cook and wine conesoiur. We had some nice halibut in the freezer and he made us an incredible dinner using the halibut as the main showpiece. Here you see sauted leek straws and grated horseradish and thyme encrusted halibut with a clive oil drizzled over top - incredible!

For the chive oil take a bunch of fresh chives and 1/2 cup of nice olive oil (or until they are covered) and put them in a blender of food processor and puree until smooth. You can strain it through cheese cloth or a small strainer if you want to.



And we had enough of the halibut to make sandwiches the next day and they were equally as delicious as leftovers!

Christen and I were talking about kiwiberries when we were in Denver together. One of us most have seen a recipe somewhere or saw in on a menu. Every since our discussion about them, they have been on my mind. And boy, was I surprised, when a 1/2 pint of them showed up in my food box last week. They are really delicious - just like a mini-kiwi with an edible skin much like a guava. They seem to be really ripe so I had to eat them quickly before the spoiled. Plus I popped a few in the freezer to try out later, much as I've done before with grapes. A juicy little popcicle to roll around in your mouth!

1 comment:

Marc Olson said...

Hmmmmm. The halibut is making me homesick.

Post a Comment