Monday, March 22, 2010
Flooring in Bedroom
I convince Tim that we really needed to get rid of the ugly trim that was stuck on the bottom of the walls in the master bedroom. I just didn't get it. They were dirty and I couldn't clean them and though the rectangles were similar size, I just didn't get what they were for or any design sense.
We really didn't know how they were attached or what kind of a mess we would have if they were removed...but they were ripped out and made ready for a bonfire!
Tim is a master with drywall and was able to mend the holes, bumps, and bruises that were left behind. And then we painted. We wanted something to complement the bright white trim and the name "Yosemite Sand" caught our attention – we couldn't resist getting it! We now have the rootinest, tootinest sumbith in Douglas!
A fresh coat of glossy white paint on the heat registers...
and new laminate flooring…
Don't you love the bright red underlayment padding!
Oh my aching knees! You'll have to wait for a final picture - more work to finish up: trim, heat registers and closets!