Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Drive-by Olive Garden

On a recent trip from Las Vegas to Glenwood Springs we made plans to stop over in St George Utah to have dinner at Olive Garden. Unfortunately, our flight was delayed and we got into St George too late for dinner, too late for dessert, too late for a drink.

It was after midnight but Utah closes up pretty early!


On the way back to Las Vegas we did drive the highway in the daylight and saw what we missed along the way.


At certain times throughout the route you get into some really beautiful red rocky areas which I think are more beautiful than looking at the Grand Canyon. I have only been on the rim of the Grand Canyon so I may be mistaken, but there are so many dramatic viewpoints along I70 that if I hadn't taken the route more than a couple of times, I would want to continuously want to stop. I've made note of several spots where I'd like to stop and explore when we aren't in a hurry to get to our destination.


No comments:

Post a Comment