Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Knitting Projects

I made this little hood poncho for my 1-year old great niece. It is made from Rainbow Boucle yarn with gradients of pink to white. It can easily be thrown in the washer and dryer. The hood part looks a little big but she probably won't wear that over her head anyway.



And here are some embroidered napkins. I really like to do embroidery work and haven't done any for awhile. I thought it would be a nice break from knitting. On my trip to Fairbanks I decided to take along some lace weight yarn and make lace to go around the napkins. This pattern is only 5 rows long so it was easy to memorize and I could stop and start as I needed to. I like to take lace projects on the plane because they don't require a lot of material and come together pretty quick.






And here is a felted purse that I made for Ashley. The pattern came from a knitting calendar that Tam gave me.



I was concerned that the flap would not flatten out and curl up like it did pre-felted. But it laid right down. I didn't even have to weight it down or anything. I sewed a big snap on the inside flap so its a bit more secure but it probably didn't need it.

1 comment:

naomi lynn said...

You are the Pablo Picasso of knitters: so prolific!

Post a Comment