Monday, December 17, 2007

Knitted Project


I made these socks for one of my nieces for her birthday and she was gracious enough to send me a picture of her wearing them! I keep forgetting to take pictures of my finished products so this was nice to have.

I used some of that self-striping yarn along with a solid color. The top part was a mosaic pattern and then it turned into stripes. I've been making it a habit recently that when I have to knit a matching set of gloves, socks, sleeves, mittens, etc. that I will knit them at the same time. I'm pretty sure I got this idea from Ruth Storvick. Anyway its been working out for me pretty well. I usually pick certain rows where something changes in the pattern to use as markers for switching to the other item. This way things turn out more of a similar size and if I've done any creative editing I usually can remember to do it to both items.

Luckily I continued my new process for this pair of socks because when I got finished with the really hard part on the first one I might have quit and just given Melody one sock to use as a coin purse or something but because I had already vested time in the matched pair I had to persevere. I think it was worth it but at the time I had my doubts!

By the way, my niece has become quite successful in her online scrapbooking–check out some of her pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment