Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Chocolate Covered Cherries


I've had a couple conversations about chocolate covered cherries recently and I just remembered that Tim's mom had given me her recipe to make them. I have to admit that I haven't tried it out but it seems pretty straight forward.

1/3 c butter
1/3 c karo syrup
1 lb powdered sugar
1 6 oz package chocolate chips
1/2 stick parowax

drained maraschino cherries
toothpicks

Cream butter and syrup together. Add powdered sugar to form dough. Make a small ball of dough, flatten in the palm of your hand and wrap around drained cherry. Form into ball. Chill on cookie sheet in refrigerator until firm.

Melt chocolate chips and parawax in double boiler. Dip hardened cherries into melted chocolate set on wax paper to harden. When finished dripping seal toothpick holes with a drop of melted chocolate.

Makes approx 56 cherries

No comments:

Post a Comment