Monday, August 11, 2008

Grilled Eggplant

We received a nice eggplant in our food box and I found this recipe for a glaze to spread on before we put it on the grill. It was really very good, even if I left out the garlic! Before we put it on the grill I sprinkled each of the 1/2 inch slices with a little salt and then put them on a paper towel to take some of the moisture out. They didn't bead up with eggplant dew too much but it might have been enough. Our eggplant made about 6-8 slices and I doubled the recipe.

3 T olive oil
3 T balsamic vinegar
2 cloves minced garlic
1 pinch each of thyme, basil, dill, and oregano
salt and pepper to taste

We spread the marinade on one side and then put it on the grill, glaze side down and then spread the remainder marinade on it. Tim cooked the slices about 10-14 minutes on med heat, turning several times.

I think the marinade would be really good on brussel sprouts and cauliflower too.

No comments:

Post a Comment