Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Kindle 2


I had the great pleasure to try out one of Amazon's Kindle 2 electronic readers our office bought to test against other e-readers like the iTouch. I really liked it and found it pretty easy to use. I found plenty of e-books out there to try out and some of them were free! I created a couple of test documents based on pdfs that I could download to the Kindle and read. At some point my office might consider creating Kindle-ready files of our printed course guides.

On a short trip to Sitka I read F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, a short story that later became part of Tales of the Jazz Age. It was a quick read but kind of fun on the kindle. It fits pretty nice in my hands - not too big to be cumbersome or take up a lot of personal space and not too small to cause eye stress. I wrote this review for another blog I participate in.

And you can read it out in the sun. A very useful thing here in Southeast Alaska!

No comments:

Post a Comment