Saturday, May 9, 2009

Kniting projects

I made this back scrubber from a pattern from the calendar that the Burton's send me for Christmas. Its out of a cotton blend. I had to add extra rows because when I followed the directions it seemed a little short - at least my my arms.

Felting on soap is still in the test stage for me. I have found that some wool roving felts up better than others. I tried out one that didn't completely get covered by wool in the shower and I'm not sure how much I really liked it. It didn't seem to suds up very much. Its also a pretty personal item - you maybe don't want to share it with anyone else. But if you pick the right soap (smelly) it make a pretty sachet for your sock drawer!


And these are for a friend at work who has a new grandson. I haven't made this pattern before and I looked interesting.



and after a spin in the hot washer:

No comments:

Post a Comment