Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fun Carrots

We have been enjoying a variety of carrots lately, courtesy of our Full Circle Farm box: white, orange and purple. To me, they all have a similar taste but they sure add color when you mix them with other vegetables!


I've heard that if you over eat orange carrots and get too much beta carotene in your system your skin may turn orange so I wondered if the same thing would happen if you ate a bunch of purple carrots. I mean, that would be kind of cool if you were a Minnesota Vikings. Here is what I found out about purple carrots …

And of course you probably can't read this image (despite how good your eyes are from eating orange carrots ) so you'll have to go to this website were the image above is reprinted with permission: FirstJuice.

No comments:

Post a Comment