And of course, a picture with Cappy was required!
There was a New York Times article printed recently that talked about what do to in Juneau if you only had 36 hours.
Here is a short list:
- buy xtra tuffs - She already has nice hiking boots
- switzer creek trail - We didn't do the switzer creek trail but we did go to Outer Point Trail in North Douglas. This trail goes through the rain forest and winds through a couple different ecosystems from the forest to the beach.
- have fish at hangar on the wharf - we had a nice lunch at the hangar with Terry. We didn't haven't salmon though - Roxi had blackened chicken, I had Jambalaya and Terry had the seafood chowder!
- perseverance theater - We went to "Skin of our Teeth" It was really long and a bit confusing but the acting was very good. We also went to the pipe organ concert that is offered at the state office building on Friday afternoon.
- see sea life - We drove out to 32 mile and saw humpback whales and harbor seals from the house.
- downtown bar hopping and mexican food - didn't go out drinking this time (have to save something for next time) but we had some delicious roasted anaheim peppers stuffed with blackbeans/corn/cheese in corn tortillas at the house
- history: state museum/evergreen cemetery - we chose to learn our history with a tour of the UAS campus where we saw a totem pole that is in progress. We also walked back to Ernest Gruening's cabin at Amagla harbor.
- downtown shopping while cruise ship in town - spend time (and money) at Changing Tides and a few other gift stores and watched all the people
- Mediterranean dining - is pastrami stromboli bread mediterranean?
- Drink Coffee - We don't drink coffee - we drink tea and had some at the house
- Mendenhall Glacier - we didn't hike back to the falls but we got a good look of the glacier, waterfall and ice bergs in the lake all from the pavillion.