Friday, September 25, 2009

Trail Mix Volunteer Opportunity

Tracy got us going and several of us went out to the Jensen-Olson Arboretum out the road, right past the Shrine, to help Trail Mix put in a trail through the woods from the highway to a nice look-out over the Breadline. I volunteered to wield a pulaski and attack roots and stumps that might trip someone up. It was great work for me to wack away with as much force as I could muster.


At some point I was I clearing away the muck to make room for a chainsaw to make quick work of some limbs that were in the way.



I think I was hitching a ride in one of the wheelbarrows when I took this one! But here is the gravel pathway that was being laid down.


And part of the trailing building included stripping logs that were cut from on-premise to be used as stairs. After about 4 hours of wielding my wacker my hards were tired and I couldn't hold my camera steady...


There was another work party a couple of weeks ago, but we couldn't make it. Hope to get out in the near future to see if the work was completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment