Thursday, September 24, 2009

more on carrots - or their look alike

Tim and I had a nice walk up the road to the Salmon Creek Powerhouse. As we were walking up the very steep starting hill it reminded me a lot of the hill up to Ullerhaven, part of the equinox marathon trail. I know this picture doesn't give a good representation of the elevation but if you could have been walking beside me, you would have heard the elevation-exertion I felt by my hard breathing.



The leaves are being to change here and the fireweed has topped out. From very far away you could spot this fungus along the roadside.


I actually thought that someone had been making carrot flowers to decorate a fresh green salad!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Heidi! They are quite beautiful. I've never seen anything like that.

Post a Comment