Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Getting-Ready-For-Halloween Recipe

I made these pumpkin bars this weekend and they were mighty tasty. If I had an office to go to I would be sharing them with my co-workers!

Pumpkin Bars

2 C flour
2 t baking powder
2 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1 t baking soda
1 t salt (I left out)

4 beaten eggs
1 16-oz can pumpkin
1 1/2 c sugar
1 c cooking oil

Sift together the dry ingredients. Combine eggs, pumpkin, sugar and oil and beat until well mixed. Add dry ingredients and beat till well combined and fluffy. Spread batter in an ungreased 15 x 10 x 1 in baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.

The recipe called for you to frost with cream cheese frosting but I figured with all the oil, eggs, and sugar in the bar they really didn't need the frosting and I was right after tasting the first (or second bar)!

No comments:

Post a Comment