Thursday, December 16, 2010

December 16, 1911

Flo's Diary:


Up about 10:30. Ralph comes and finds us in bed. He got breakfast for us. Marcella can't find clothes so puts mine on. I sweep, dust, and wash dishes while girls practice. The put on play tonight. Visit with Mrs. Heacock. Lenard comes over. I take Mrs. H. to play. Very good. Proud of my cabin mates. 40° below - rather a stinging cold on my face wear my felts. My 1st glimpse of the Northern Lights - a streak of yellow light. Pump freezes.

Funny that it was 40 below in Fairbanks on 12/15. And I bet it felt just at stinging cold as it did in 1911! And finally, we find out what "practice" to girls have been going to. I wonder what the play was. Some plays that were written or first performed in 1911 include: The Arrow Maker, The Hooligan, Kismet, and The Miracle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:1911_plays

No comments:

Post a Comment