Friday, December 31, 2010

December 31, 1911

Flo's Diary:


Fitful night. Awakened at 10 and 11. Get in bed with the girls–12. Mr. Lewis comes and awakens us and starts on fire. We get up and he stays for breakfast. We go for walk. My first trip out to Tanana River - 4 miles out. Fine walk. tired–act crazy at supper. Ralph comes. Mr. Green comes "spoons." Mr. Brown comes. Marcella and Nell go with the "colored men" to show. Ralph goes and I stay home to write letters. Pass up Litsey's and Lewis' invitations out to dinner. My cup oer flows with "Happys."



I'm not exactly sure where Flo was living in town and I'm sure the Tanana River has shifted since 1911 but here is a best guess at the range of where she might have walked:


View Town to Tanana River in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment