Referred to as a meme this is like a 21st century version of a chain letter except we're not exchanging $$ or recipes or even good wishes for luck but rather we're giving our community a chance for a glimpse of what inspires, interests, or edifies.
So here's mine:
- Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
- Open the book to page 123.
- Find the fifth sentence.
- Post the next three sentences (sentences 6-9).
- Tag five people who blog posts you read on a regular basis.
K1, p2 tog, ssk, Sl 4 sts to cn and hold to back, k4, k4 from cn - just kidding!
- On September 17 they resigned themselves to wintering on the open pack ice, and must have known that this meant probably death. They built a kind of igloo on a big ice floe and with a net tried to catch plankton to eat. Two days later they caught several seals, enough to give them hope of surviving into February, and began to drift past White Island, which seemed to comprise a huge glacier and some cliffs.
Ginny: we share the love for knitting, laughing, and a red-haired male
Naomi: a little pressure might inspire you to get a post on your blog! xxxooo
Sage: always thought-provoking and filled with intrigue
Shauna: your strength and positive attitude is an inspiration
J. : you don't have a blog but you need one so you'll just have to leave your excerpt here as a comment...or it could be the first post or your new blog!