Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Beautiful Weekend

We had a beautiful weekend down here with bright blue skies and a lot of sunshine. The actual temps weren't that high but you could feel the warmth of the sun. At one point our thermometer said 80° but its a new thermometer and we got it at Walmart and we're not so sure its very accurate. For the first month we had it it didn't deviate much around the 40° mark which made us suspicious. But it was indeed a beautiful–glad to be here–weekend.



Every spring we usually keep a weekend list of birds that we see just to keep track of how the spring migration is going. On Saturday and Sunday at the house we saw Bufflehead, Barrow's Goldeneye, Northwestern Crow, Surf Scoter, and Mallards and we saw Bald Eagle, Raven, Rock Dove, American Robin, Canada Geese, Harlequin Duck, Red-Breasted Merganser, White-Winged Scoter, Glacious-Winged Gull, Pelagic Cormonant, Hooded Merganser, Varied Thrush, Herring Gull, Snow Bunting, and Boreal Chickadee around town and on our walks. I'm not going to link each of these birds to a description but if you're interested you can look them up at the Cornell All About Birds website.

I've been working on this little blanket for a friend in Fairbanks who's expecting soon. I just love working with the OH MY yarn - its so incredibly oh my soft - almost like chenille only softer. This blanket was just getting to right size to cover my lap and be nice and cozy when I realized it was the right size for a baby (and I was running out of yarn!)


Plus you get a bonus when you finish a skein - a handy dandy foam OH. Now I just need to figure out what to do with them - it would take 3 to make a can cozy but it really doesn't get that warm here to need one; I can get my hand through the middle for a protective wrist bangle; if I had a real coffee table or end tables I could put them around the legs to act as a vacuum protector…

OH the possibilities...

No comments:

Post a Comment