Saturday, February 6, 2010

Nice day



It has been incredibly nice out since we returned from Seattle - in the high 30s, low 40s. If I didn't look at the calendar I would think it was March!

I had a nice afternoon walk on Sandy Beach enjoying the fresh air and watching the dogs running around like crazy. You always see happy dogs on Sandy Beach!

Towards the end of the beach there are a lot of remnants of the old piers that were lined up used to bring in supplies to the Treadwell mine and take out the gold bars. I keep looking for a misplaced gold bar but haven't stumbled on it yet.

 

Near the end of the beach at the sinkhole, is a favorite spot for ducks to swim around. I have never seen the water low enough to be able to make it across without getting wet so it must be pretty deep.

  

And walking back you get a view of town - the sun was still high enough be peak over the Douglas Island Mountains and shine on the state's capitol.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment