Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I cancelled my ferry trip


Since I have this week off and Tim had to work I thought about getting on the ferry for a day trip. I looked at the schedule and found that I could go to Hoonah for the day and have about 3 hours in town before the ferry headed back to Juneau. I thought it would be easy to spend a few hours walking around town taking a look around. And I love being on the water even if there isn't that much day light. Plus the hours on the ferry could be spend reading and knitting - two of my favorite things. At the last minute I decided not to go. This is the main reason:


A winter storm came up and the winds have been very strong. I'm glad I didn't have to spend the day on a boat rocking and rolling in the waves! I walked down the road to the post office and saw this boat heading down the channel - looks fun doesn't it!

No comments:

Post a Comment