Monday, December 22, 2008

Quick way to Skin a Kiwi



I saw this process on a news clip awhile back and just now had some kiwi to try it out. It works pretty slick and you don't end up with a lot of wasted fruit on the skin. Plus you get a perfect sphere to slice up.

I made a pumpkin cheesecake over the weekend with fresh pumpkin that I had roasted. (I apologize in advance for taking you to a website that has obnoxious music playing). It was very, very yummy! A little on the rich side…just my kind of thang. I followed the recipe exactly as written except I had to cook it longer then it said, maybe 15 minutes. I don't have a spring form pan here so that might have made the difference.

I had to look up the water bath method because I wasn't quite sure what that meant. It is exactly like it sounds - I boiled some water, put the cheesecake pan on a cookie sheet with high sides, put the pan in the preheated oven and then poured the water into the outter pan. I used maybe 5 or 6 cups of water. After about an hour I checked in and there was plenty of water and I didn't have to add any additional. My plan is to freeze the cheesecake into smaller bites after we've gorged ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment