Friday, November 12, 2010

November 13, 1911

Flo's Diary:


Another bright and beautiful day. Oh if it would only snow! Took another walk down R.R. track – met man carrying pack on back. Packed my suitcase–as I’m sure going to start for Fairbanks tomorrow. Walked and read. Dinner alone. Had an experience: a man who introduced himself as McGan or McCann (drunk) sat down at my table and began to talk. Gave me compliments etc. wants to give me letter of introduction to a Mrs. Biglow. Wanted to order beer for me. Asked how old I was and a lot of other foolish questions. I finished my dinner and left without paying any notice of him. To bed early.


In 1911, the Cooper River and Northwester Railroad transferred its first of many shipments of Copper Ore from Kennicott to Cordova.

Woman Entry in the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica.

Hotel Chitna today (panorama, 360° view) (I don't believe this is the same hotel as other information I found dated this hotel to 1914)

Brief History of Chitina from National Parks Service (pdf)

No comments:

Post a Comment