Thursday, November 25, 2010

November 26, 1911

Flo's Diary:

Up about 9:15. Get breakfast. Go to Church. Few there. Do school work. Meet Mr. Thrift and Mr. Barris falls thru door. Surprised to see me and backs out. Girls to practice. Dress in my blue silk. Mr. Carin, Mr. Davis and Mr. Healy come and take us to the Shaw House to dinner. Chicken. Splendid time. Candy from Mr. Healy. Come home and visit. Dandy time. Like. Mr. L. Bed and talk to 11.


So...there's a new girl in town!

I was looking up how chicken might have been prepared but didn't come up with anything but I did find this Food history timeline, where and found that 1911 saw Crisco introduced but it wasn't until 1912 that Oreo's changed how one viewed a glass of cold milk.

There were several churches in town by this time: St Matthew's Episcopal (interior), First Presbyterian Church, Immaculate Conception Church, and First United Methodist Church. There may be a few others as well. I suspect that she attended St Matthew's based on letters that she wrote to my Dad - I think Lori might have these. I remember seeing them when we were going through books.

No comments:

Post a Comment