Monday, June 4, 2007

Birds from the Deck

We've seen several new birds from the deck:

Violet Green Swallow
Barn Swallow
Belted Kingfisher
Marbled Murrelet

The rafts of scoters have moved and we see only small groups of 10-15 on occasion. We also don't see the mallards, buffleheads, or goldeneyes. They all must have moved on to nesting grounds. The large groups of gulls have moved on too (they were noisy anyway…).

We do still have the eagles, especially when our neighbor smokes fish which he does a lot. He's got a nice outdoor gas smoker and smokes pounds of salmon filets. He's been very generous in sharing some with us. It usually doesn't last long!


I don't have to worry about keeping on task when I'm working in my office with this "Eagle-Eye" right above my head. They really like this peak which is right above my desk. I can look up and out the window at their tail features! So don't worry Boss, I'm workin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment