Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bear Sighting


So I've lived in the area for over a year and haven't had a bear encounter yet. We went to visit BG who was staying overnight in the hospital after surgery. Because of his age they just wanted to watch him after the general anesthesia. Everything went very well and he's feeling much better.

But as we were sitting and visiting I looked out the window and there was a small grizzly bear walking up the side hill from the parking lot into the woods! Unfortunately, I didn't think to pack my camera to the hospital (would you?) so I didn't get a snapshot.

The nurses assistant said that they often see them and always check around before going out the hospital door at the end of their shift - much like we might check for moose in Fairbanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment