Thursday, November 20, 2008

Interesting Cookies

I made some cookies using a recipe from the May 2008 issue of Cooking Light called Lemon Cornmeal Cookies. I'm not getting the magazine anymore but the library here lets you checkout past issues of magazines to take home. I love the library, but I don't necessarily love to be limited to reading there so this is a fun way to review a bunch of magazines in the comfort of my own couch!

Anyway - these sugar-like cookies with the added taste of ginger and lemon and the crunchy texture of the cornmeal were really tasty. They were especially tasty with vanilla soy ice cream layered between two cookies. YUM!

I filled up the Blazer over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised to see a much lower gas price then we had this summer.



$3.09/gallon. I won't say its cheap but, to be honest with you, I really didn't expect the price to drop this low. I know that Alaska still has some of the highest gas rates which sure doesn't seem right, but I'm just glad to see the price hovering around $3!

No comments:

Post a Comment